On Line Marketing

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

High Quality Links Make the Difference

Firstly, those of you who decided to swap a link with me recently thanks very much. I thought I'd let you know how successful its been and remind you how quality linking really works.

We are promoting local services in Manchester, Chester and Liverpool so wanted to gain some visibility by being top for appropriate phrases. If you search for 'seo Liverpool'; 'search engine optimisation chester' - and many other variants I'm now in the top spot after 2 weeks of creating the page.....
(click on image to enlarge)




In fact I needed only four links to get this position for 'Search engine optimisation chester'.

Just a reminder that to get the top spot you dont need many links you just have to make them 'contextually relevant' - mainly by making sure that the correct anchor text is included.

Below is an example of how this appears on one of your sites - note the link includes the phrases we want a high ranking for. (ie the correct anchor text)



Of course, in addition to this, the target page has to be optimised. If you go to the target page you'll see a great example of SEO copywriting at work.

I hope its been as successful for you as it has for me - so thanks again.
If anyone out there wants to see the specific piece of code I asked to be included as the link drop me an email and I'll send it to you. (jan@janklin.com)